The Research Governance Framework is made up of regulations, principles and standards of good practice designed to achieve and continuously improve research quality. It applies to everyone connected to clinical research, whether as a chief investigator, care professional, researcher, their employer(s) or support staff. Clinical research is any health-related research that involves humans, their tissue and/or data. More information can be found here:http://beta.hra.nhs.uk/planning-and-improving-research/policies-standard...
Research governance is essential in order to:
- safeguard participants in research
- protect researchers/investigators (by providing a clear framework within which to work)
- enhance ethical and scientific quality
- mitigate risk
- monitor practice and performance
- promote good practice and ensure that lessons are learned
For all trials sponsored by the Univeristy of Surrey, we work in tandem with the Research Integrity and Governance Office (RIGO), which provides support to researchers in order to safeguard compliance, good practice and policies.
RIGO is the central point of contact for all external enquiries about research governance and ethics at the University of Surrey:
In addition to above we also offer the following services:
- Statistics / Support / Consultancy with Trial Design
- Statistical Analyisis
- Medical Report Writing
- Quality Assurance
- Clinical Trial and Methodology Training
- Bespoke Services
Work with us
To work with us please complete an application form.